Skip to main content


Registration Forms

Enrollment packets are available at the links below or at the school front office.

Please also be prepared to provide an original birth certificate and proof of immunizations.

Inter-District Transfers

If you reside in another school district and wish for your student to attend in the Knightsen Elementary School District, contact your home school district to get an Inter-District Transfer Release.  

Inter-district transfer renewals will be required for all new and returning students from all districts for the following school year. You should seek the renewal with your district no later than February of the current calendar year.

Inter-district transfer students will be notified of school placement by mid-April.

For more information regarding the interdistrict transfer process please email Diane Bodon at  

Intra-District Transfers

The Intra-district transfer process is designed to formalize the process of changing from one school to another for students who reside within the Knightsen Elementary School District boundaries.  The application for intra-district transfer is available below. 

When submitting your request for intra-district transfer application, you must submit proof of residency, as transfer space is limited.  The window for accepting intra-district transfers will begin on the second Monday in January.  Completed applications are due to the district office no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 15th.  We will begin the process of notifying families of their request status in Mid-April.

Enrollment in a school of choice shall be determined by lot from the eligible applicant pool.  A waiting list will be established to indicate the order in which applicants may be accepted if openings occur during the year. Applicants must confirm their enrollment within 10 days of application approval.  Copies of the application, intra-district transfer administrative regulations and acceptable proof of residency documents are available below.  Copies of these materials are also available at the schools office.  If you have any questions about this process or need documents, please contact the Superintendent's Secretary at 925-626-3310.

Change in Immunization Requirements

Governor Brown signed into law SB 277 that states that parents or guardians of students can no longer submit a personal belief exemption to a currently required vaccine beginning January 1, 2016. However, a personal belief exemption submitted prior to January 1, 2016 will remain valid until the student enters kindergarten, transitional kindergarten or 7th grade.

Kindergarten/ Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment


Children who turn five years of age on or before September 1 of the current calendar year are eligible to enroll in kindergarten.

Transitional Kindergarten

Children who turn five years of age on or between September 2 and December 2 of the current calendar year are eligible to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten.